Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Sound of Music




I didn't even know what the Sound of Music(SOM) was before I got married. When my wife first found out I had never seen the movie I think she almost thought she married the wrong man. First of all, if the SOM was on TV on Sunday and there was a Raiders game at the same time, clearly the SOM was not watched. But, I have learned over the years that I really have no excuse. I am an uncultured and ignorant man.

I, however, have made up for it by going to the Hollywood Bowl Sound of Music Singalong! I never knew the SOM had such a following. Amazing. There were hundreds, perhaps thousands of people dressed up as characters and inanimate objects from the movie. People were even dressed as metaphors! The winning costume actually won a fully paid 5 day cruise to Mexico. And the winning costume was....drumroll please...an 8 year old boy who dressed up as "how do you hold a moonbeam in your hand" from the song "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria." Look at the pic. And, I know, my wife had to help me a lot with this blog entry.

By the way, I have learned how to play Edelweiss on the guitar just like the Captain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And good thing you can play like the Captain now - it's the only way to compensate for all those years without SOM!